- 3-5 primitive tentsites for long-distance, equipped hikers.
- There are no other amenities at this site.
Windsor Locks Scouts Primitive Tentsite
This site is generously provided by the Windsor Locks Scout Foundation. This tentsite is located on CT NET: Section 20 and offers long-distance hikers a rustic place to pop-up a tent for the night. No reservation is required.
Site Features Include:
Please follow the listed best practices for low impact tenting and leave the site better than you found it.
- Hang your food so the site does not attract wildlife.
- Use backpacking cookstoves, no fires please.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Pack out all trash, leftover food and litter.
- Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep, at least 200 feet from water, camp and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.
- Pack out toilet paper and all hygiene products.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams. Scatter strained dishwater.
- If you must use soap, use only small amounts of biodegradable soap.
- This site does not have a reliable water source. Water has been generously provided but please use sparingly and leave containers so they can be refilled. During hot weather or high-use times there is the possibility that water will not be available, please plan accordingly. If you use the last of the water, please call 860-346-TREE/ firstname.lastname@example.org and report that the site is out of water.