- 3-5 primitive tentsites for long-distance, equipped hikers.
- There are no other amenities at this site.
Please follow the listed best practices for low impact tenting and leave the site better than you found it.
- Hang your food so the site does not attract wildlife.
- Use backpacking cookstoves, no fires please.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Pack out all trash, leftover food and litter.
- Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep, at least 200 feet from water, camp and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.
- Pack out toilet paper and all hygiene products.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams. Scatter strained dishwater.
- If you must use soap, use only small amounts of biodegradable soap.
- This site does not have a reliable water source. Water has been generously provided but please use sparingly and leave containers so they can be refilled. During hot weather or high-use times there is the possibility that water will not be available, please plan accordingly. If you use the last of the water, please call 860-346-TREE/ email@example.com and report that the site is out of water.
Reservations are not required but users are encouraged to make a reservation on our online calendar in order to post their ‘intent-to-stay’. The online submission does not guarantee a spot at the site, but helps inform others of availability.
Site is open, use is at the camper’s own risk and social distancing measures are encouraged.