Windsor Locks Scouts Primitive Tentsite
This site, generously provided by the Windsor Locks Scouts. This tentsite is located on CT NET Section 20 and offers long-distance hikers a rustic place to pop-up a tent for the night. No reservation is required.
Site Features Include:
- 3-5 primitive tentsites for long-distance, equipped hikers
- There are no other amenities at this site
Please follow the listed best practices for low impact tenting and leave the site better than you found it.
- Hang your food so the site does not attract wildlife.
- Use backpacking cookstoves, no fires please.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Pack out all trash, leftover food and litter.
- Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep, at least 200 feet from water, camp and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.
- Pack out toilet paper and all hygiene products.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams. Scatter strained dishwater.
- If you must use soap, use only small amounts of biodegradable soap.
- This site does not have a reliable water source. Water has been generously provided but please use sparingly and leave containers so they can be refilled. During hot weather or high-use times there is the possibility that water will not be available, please plan accordingly. If you use the last of the water, please call 860-346-TREE/ [email protected] and report that the site is out of water.
- Overnight stay is limited to two nights.
- Group size is limited to 10 people, no more than 5 tents.